STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world’s largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. As a result, there are several initiatives to move those systems from mechanical to electronic type systems. These initiatives create exciting opportunities to those people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer in implementing this technology by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners. If you are one of those people who like to work in such environments in addition to seeing your own ideas to come to life, apply quickly!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop STRATTEC’s capability in electronic hardware design and system developments such as wireless, low power applications, battery operated devices, and motor/solenoids type products.
• Lead STARTTEC electronic competency in the Juarez Mexico Plant.
• Address all production and warrantee issues related to Mechatronic assemblies and electronic modules
• Investigate new technologies and develop the next generation platforms that utilize today’s wireless and low power technologies.
• Advice management in technical direction to adapt new technologies and strategy based on market-driven data.
• Coach and mentor other engineers on understanding and utilizing new design practices and methods such as schematic capturing, PCB layout, and SW implementations
Desired Skills and Experience
• Hardware Engineer that is experienced in End of Line /manufacturing Testers, wireless technologies, low power electronics
• Proficiency in using lab equipment including Network Analyzer, Signal generator Oscilloscope, etc
• Prepare technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc…;
• Motor and solenoid drive circuits (BJTs, MOSFETS, H-bridges, etc.)
• Expertise in connection technologies, actuators, sensor technology
• Knowledge in diagnostics and communication systems (CAN LIN/K-Bus, flashing via bus, …)
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
• Ability to research and develop new technologies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Electrical/electronic College degree.
• Minimum of 5 years experience working with electronics system designs.