The Welding Engineer will be responsible for the development and execution of the overall welding strategy to meet the established requirements and objectives. Also, will proactively seek for the introduction of new technologies.
– Develop and execute an overall welding strategy for the plant welding processes, equipment, and applications.
– Provide technical guidance to help support production throughput, efficiency, first pass yield, cost reduction, and safety improvements.
– Train and develop the welding technicians and operators.
– Provide technical support to new equipment purchases by involvement in quote design review process, review of welding documentation, and establishment of strong relationships with vendors.
– Develop welding systems, procedures, and audit systems.
– Act as an active leader and contributor in developing and applying new technologies.
– Coordinate jobs and projects with outside vendors.
– Communicate frequently with internal and external stakeholders regarding various issues.
– Perform other activities as needed.
– English 80% – ability to communicate in writing and spoken.
– Strong knowlede in welding processes and welding equipment.
– Experience in MIG, resistance and submerged arc welding.
– Experience in brazing and welding testing.
– Strong background in AWS.
– Knowledge and experience in setting parameters.