Coordinates activities involved with procuring raw material supplies or component parts used to manufacture refrigerators/freezers at a lowest total system cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Driving Direct Material Purchasing activity in the factory for the assigned components/service
• Ensure maximum collaboration with the Commodity Team and implement the action plans within the PL, granting correct flow from factory into commodity organization.
• Give input on production needs (e.g. volumes increase)
• Report on possible bottleneck at operative level (e.g. production/tool capacity etc.)
• Ensure proper administration in the factory
• Developing good relationships with preferred suppliers
• Ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant information
• Participate and support in build-up of purchasing strategies and ensure their execution
• Participate and support in reaching KPI result
• Keeping right up-to-date administration: price index management, manage billing discrepancies in cooperation with central accountancy
• Supplier performance follow-up: ensure that the suppliers meet set agreements according and take corrective actions if necessary.
• Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Work directly with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
• Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
• Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
• Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
• Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
• Ensure that decisions happen in the best interest of Electrolux and get executed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
• 1- 2 years of progressive responsibility in a business function
• Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts preferred
• Knowledge of project leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge in purchasing and/or supply chain and/or quality
• Ability to think and operate on operational level
• Confidence and ability to interface internally and externally
• Result driven and action oriented
• English, any other language is an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Specific job duties that require the physical demands: Computer terminal/laptop.
Specific job duties that are affected by the environmental conditions: Phone calls, conversations,
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences, making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year. In 2017 Electrolux had sales of SEK 122 billion and employed 56,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc., together with its parent companies; affiliates; subsidiaries and divisions (collectively referred to as “Electrolux”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local law.