The Maintenance Manager is responsible to coordinate manufacturing engineers and technicians to develop and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and up time of equipment. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Automated equipment installation, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance. This position is responsible to coordinate the activities of the Green Spirit Program, is accountable of its metrics and plan implementation at plant level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Prepare, review and approve specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
– Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
– Design and procures tools/equipment and write appropriation requests.
– Evaluate and solve production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods. Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing engineers and maintenance technicians in problem
– Work closely with production and engineering areas on a daily basis and conducts training to introduce new processes.
– Assure maintenance programs to keep machinery in optimal conditions and results.
– Develop budget and assure effective cost in maintenance activities.
– Achieve optimum employee level with less amount of overhead, overtime and raw material costs to meet annual budget plan.
– Provide leadership for problem solving to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
– Everything concerning about ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
– Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
– 10+ years experience in manufacturing and maintenance areas (Preferable)
– The Ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance engineers and technicians for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required.
– Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
– Significant experience all maintenance activities as motors, PLC, controls and programming, pneumatics, hydraulics and all mechanics, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
– Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
– Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
– Experience in heavy equipment maintenance and engineering, automated processes as steel forming, shaping, bending, and tabbing power press systems. Specific knowledge of interlocking (non-welded) metal forming and connection processes is required, thermoforming, turn tables, conveyors, fixtures and tools.
– Knowledge of tooling and fixtures require for steel cutting, mechanical power press and roll forming, thermoforming and foam equipment as well as the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics and blueprints.
– Significant experience and understanding of PLC, pneumatic and motor controls in a continuous process system, mechanical electrical and hydraulics systems.
– Experience in uptime improvements, scrap reduction processes and ownership of area from and process delivery standpoint.
– Ability to work closely with other departments and lead maintenance engineers and technicians.