Accountability and Scope
The Accounts Payable Specialist is accountable for the verification, accuracy and processing of vendor invoices or credits, as assigned, by matching open purchase orders and return authorizations to invoices, or processing internal check requests approved by management, then processing payments accurately and in a timely manner.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationships with Purchasing, Quality Control, Warehouse, branch office personnel, and vendor account representatives to resolve account discrepancies or issues efficiently; and for maintaining Accounts Payable records, including purchase orders, credit memos, invoices, check requests and/or payment copies for the purpose of performing account research, reconciliations and audit assistance, as necessary.
The Accounts Payable Specialist III will assist the manager and supervisor with various reports utilizing JDE and Microsoft Excel; and provide secondary support for various job functions including record maintenance and distribution of daily and monthly reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Receive incoming vendor invoices, credit memors or internal check requests for processing.
· Set up new vendors accounts as approved by Accounts Payable Manager.
· Match vendor invoices to open purchase orders for verification of authenticity.
· Ensure vendor credits are applied correctly to correponding open invoices by month-end close.
· Match montly vendor statements to account balances and perform account reconciliation, as necessary
· Respond to vendor account inquires in a timely manner
· Establish and maintain vendor files and storage, as necessary
· Submit weekly payment runs to Supervisor for approval (ACH, checks and SUA’s)
· Record auto debit payments
· Record and track proforma payments
· Preforman payment duties as assigned by supervisor
· Assist with team training
· Attend A/P status meetings, as required
· Run various reports using JDE and Microsoft Excel for management and other departments
· Prepare check register
· Maintain SharePoint for the department
· Set up new vendor accounts as approved by the A/P Manager
· Maintain address book in JDE
· Assist in testing new reports or functions in JDE prior to production.
· Download scanned invoices and remittances to file path
· Process and print weekly check payments through JDE
· Assist with 1099 maintenance.
· Maintain record keeping of policies and procedures of the department for audit.
· Action Oriented – Ability to be self directed and take initiative to perform all requiered duties in accordance with the Accounts Payable Work Instructions; and making recommendations for continuous process improvements, that will directly contribute to Wesco’s operations and ability to successfully fulfill Accounts Payable commitments.
· Direction/Received – Minimum supervision and instructions are given for routine work and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments. Must have the ability and willingness to accept and successfully fulfill any related assignments designated by the Accounts Payable Supervisor or Manager as needed.
· Drive for Results – Ability to consistently meet or exceed departmental and overall company goals and objectives.
· Knowledge/Methods/Processes – In depth knowledge of Wesco vendor accounts and Accounts Payable systems, processes, procedures and the application of Wesco A/P Work Instructions. Ability to successfully manage highly technical and/or high-maintenance accounts
· Problem Solving – Ability to analyze and perform vendor account reconciliations to ensure all errors are corrected and the vendor accounts are accurate.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply Accounts Payable expertise and common sense understanding to find the best and reasonable solutions to work through problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
· High School Diploma or GED
· College level accounting classes preferred
· Minimum 7 years of high-volume Accounts Payable and account reconciliation experience with a computerized system, preferably with integregated accounting software and/or proven success in demonstrating ability to showcase outlined essential duties and responsibilities.
· Accurate data entry proficiency, with attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills are required
· Strong professional verbal and written communication skills are required
· Strong administrative skills required (i.e. filing, copying, faxing, scanning, mailing)
Competency in the Microsoft Suite applications, specifically Word and Excel