There’s a new leader in innovative supply chain management solutions, forged from the well-established brands Wesco Aircraft and Pattonair.
Incora is the world’s leading provider of supply chain management solutions. Working from the inside-out, we add value where it matters most, and incorporate our capabilities into our customers’ businesses. Incora manages all aspects of supply chain from procurement and warehouse management to logistics and on-site customer services. We reduce complexity and increase reliability so our customers can deliver mission-critical solutions that improve our world.
Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Payroll Manager (for US, Canada markets)
The Payroll Manager oversees the payroll function for our US, Canada, Mexico employees and support other payrolls in Argentina and Brazil. This includes but is not limited to managing the bi-weekly payroll process, hiring and training the payroll staff, creating and leading training for employees and managers on the timekeeping systems, and the accurate reporting and transmission of payroll. As manager you will routinely interface with the Finance and HR organizations and has the primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with all state, local and federal payroll requirements.
The Payroll Manager will work with various external vendors regarding system upgrades, integrations and/or enhancements and make recommended improvements to systems as applicable. This role will serve as the lead with regards to payroll implementations, building interfaces with benefits systems and special projects involving payroll. Additionally, as Payroll Manager you will coordinate various audits with HR and Finance to ensure data integrity and compliance and will design and manage various reporting and data analysis as required.
Accountability and Scope:
· Lead the Payroll team to successfully administrate and deliver on time, error free frequency-based payroll
· Lead the Payroll team in administering personnel data updates, ensuring accuracy and integrity of personnel records in the payroll systems
· Facilitate and ensure processes and procedures support compliance in all aspects of payroll for assigned regions – US, Canada, Mexico, and Argentina
· Drive process improvements for seamless payroll processing and enhancing self-service experience for employees and managers
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll distribution for US, Puerto Rico and Canadian payroll, including timecard/PTO processing, garnishments, voluntary and involuntary deductions, and taxes withholdings consistent with federal, state, and provincial wage and hour laws
· Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as they relate to payroll
· Conduct various bi-weekly prior/post payroll audits and final signoffs
· Facilitate annual SOX Payroll audit including coordinating the preparation of internal/external audit documents
· Assist team members with complex research issues and escalated payroll inquires
· Develop and maintain internal and external customer relationships
· Manage out-sourced payroll services and vendors
· Ensure all equity compensation (ISO, RS, Stocks) tax withholdings are calculated and remitted per IRS guidelines, as well as reported correctly on the W2’s
· Develop and facilitate employee training as needed on time and attendance and ESS systems
· Maintain system and departmental security set-up
· Review and approve all manual checks and adjustments as required
· Coordinate out of sequence payrolls and establish new pay codes as necessary
· Develop a team of high performing payroll specialists; Coach and develop staff members and provide opportunities for continuous improvement while establishing levels of accountability for the team
· Establish departmental processes, maintain work instructions and establish audit practices to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data transactions.
· Conduct an/or attend regular and impromptu management meetings, and company-sponsored professional training or association meetings, as required
Measures of Performance:
· On time, error free delivery of bi-weekly payroll, voluntary and involuntary deductions, audit requirements, and reporting.
· Maintaining compliance with local, state/provincial, and federal laws around wage and hour, payroll practices, etc.
· Enhanced customer experience through services and products offered to employees and managers to facilitate payroll and time keeping processes
· Successful achievement of department goals, and completion of department projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification desired
· 5+ years of payroll experience with career progression into a leadership role
· Previous experience with web-based payroll systems and platforms such as ADP WorkforceNow, preferred.
· Previous experience building successful payroll teams, mentoring and leading the team to success both in department expectations as well as assigned projects
Competencies and Behaviors:
· Maintain absolute confidentiality in all Payroll and Human Resources related matters
· Must be well versed on current legislative/regulatory aspects that govern employee payroll, specific to wage and hour law, and regional/provincial requirements (including, but not limited to: FLSA and California Wage Orders)
· Advanced knowledge and experience coordinating and assisting with SOX compliance and other various audits, preferred
· Maintain excellent collaboration skills with the ability to deal tactfully, confidently and ethically with both internal and external customers, suppliers, and vendors
· Must demonstrate strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills, across multiple leadership levels within the organization
· Must be able to perform in-depth root cause analysis and translate pertinent information to support meaningful solutions / output for the business
· Maintain excellent organizational and time-management skills, with strong follow-through and perseverance to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong knowledge and experience in the use of integrated data management systems, Microsoft Office suite applications, and applicable reporting tools
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need. This is not a contract, expressed or implied.