The Maintenance Manager is responsible to coordinate manufacturing engineers (process and maintenance), tooling engineer and technicians to developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in stamping and plastic molding plants accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and up time and OEE of equipment. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods, and controls. Coordinate’s manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Coordinates the facilities maintenance and janitorial services, Automated equipment installation, develop and control preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares, review and approve specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
· Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
· Designs and procures tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests.
· Evaluates and solves production and safety problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods. Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing and tooling engineers as well as maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
· Works closely with production and Manufacturing Engineering areas (ME) daily and conducts training to introduce new processes.
· Assure maintenance programs to keep machinery in optimal conditions and results as well as tooling area.
· Develop budget and assure effectives cost in maintenance activities. Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead, overtime and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
· Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
· Follow our internal Safety Procedures (LOTO, STOP program, training, etc).
· Execution of responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14000 requirements as well as other policies and procedures of Electrolux.
· Responsible for the implementation and execution of operational controls and / or applicable procedures of the Environmental Management System. The activities to be carried out include the following environmental information, indicated but not limited to:
Knowledge and understanding of the environmental policy of the plant, which must follow and promote, including established environmental goals as well as knowledge and identification of environmental aspects and impacts of activities in its area or process, the approach to continuous improvement , maintaining the required operational controls, proper handling, identification and segregation of chemical materials and waste.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
· Ability to speak, read and write English.
· 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment (Preferable)
· The Ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance engineers and technicians for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required.
· Must have knowledge of PM and TPM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment, such as stamping, plastic molding, fabrication and assembly processes.
· Significant experience all maintenance activities as motors, PLC, controls and programming, pneumatics, hydraulics and all mechanics, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
· Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
· Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
· Knowledge in environmental management systems ISO14001 (environmental aspects, operational controls and objectives and environmental programs)