Coordinates activities involved with procuring raw material supplies or component parts used to manufacture refrigerators/freezers at a lowest total system cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Driving Direct Material Purchasing activity in the factory for the assigned components/service
• Ensure maximum collaboration with the Commodity Team and implement the action plans within the PL, granting correct flow from factory into commodity organization.
• Give input on production needs (e.g. volumes increase)
• Report on possible bottleneck at operative level (e.g. production/tool capacity etc.)
• Ensure proper administration in the factory
• Developing good relationships with preferred suppliers
• Ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant information
• Participate and support in build-up of purchasing strategies and ensure their execution
• Participate and support in reaching KPI result
• Keeping right up-to-date administration: price index management, manage billing discrepancies in cooperation with central accountancy
• Supplier performance follow-up: ensure that the suppliers meet set agreements according and take corrective actions if necessary.
• Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Work directly with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
• Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
• Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
• Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
• Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
• Ensure that decisions happen in the best interest of Electrolux and get executed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
• 1- 2 years of progressive responsibility in a business function
• Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts preferred
• Knowledge of project leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge in purchasing and/or supply chain and/or quality
• Ability to think and operate on operational level
• Confidence and ability to interface internally and externally
• Result driven and action oriented
• English, any other language is an asset.