SUMMARY (How you will contribute)
Responsible to assure that the Electrolux N.A. Operations Environmental, Health and Safety Policies are implemented in the Electrolux Juarez Mexico facility. Maintain and ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Safety and Hygiene licenses, certificates, and permits relevant to all legal and Corporate Safety policies, programs and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Help to implement Guidelines in order to obtain zero audits non-conformances of the Labor Secretary (STPS), Health Ministry (SSA), Social Security (IMSS), Environmental attorney (PROFEPA) and OSHA applicable criteria.
· Participate to develop our Electrolux Environmental and Safety Program and schedule the levels in short and long term achievements, which include: development and deployment of training needs diagnosis, environmental, safety and hygiene training programs internal audits, training, safety culture promotion, job safety analysis, equipment & machinery, material safety data sheets, accident and incident investigation, emergency preparedness, personal protective equipment, hygiene control, installation contractors safety, ergonomics, and safe behaviors.
· Participate and develop of internal environmental, safety and Hygiene policy, internal audits, risk assessments, rules and procedures, safety and hygiene manual, safety internal rules,
· Coordinate Safety and Hygiene programs, Evacuation plans and drills, Civil protection program, Preventive emergency contingency plans.
· Maintain accident follow up (reactive indicator) and incidents, safe behavior index (proactive indicator), as well as Insurance company, OSHA and Social Security’s risk index and VPP.
· Participate in the implementation of EHP Safety programs and initiatives.
· Ensures all Safety risks which are identified through internal inspections by EH&S personnel, Local Ergonomic & Hygiene Committee, CSH and Workgroup’s Safety are closed.
· Develops and review Safety and Hygiene training for each position of the organization
· Acts as leader in Safety trainings.
· Works directly with Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering teams in solving safety issues regarding new projects and new processes.
· STOP program follow up.
· Waste management activities.
· Chemical handling processes.
· Help to support ISO 14001 and 9001 follow up
· The activities to be carried out include the following environmental information, indicated but not limited to:
Knowledge and understanding of the environmental policy of the plant, which must follow and promote, including established environmental goals as well as knowledge and identification of environmental aspects and impacts of activities in its area or process, the approach to continuous improvement , maintaining the required operational controls, proper handling, identification and segregation of chemical materials and waste.
BS degree, Previous Experience: 1 year on Environmental & Safety area, safety programs, implementation and Legal Compliance Process
· Experience leading safety in manufacturing plants, with excellent objectives achieved. Experience in providing leadership across the organization is essential.
· Experience in providing leadership is essential.
· Experience in success implementation in new and innovative processes and thorough understanding of workgroup and lean principles.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and implement guidelines
· Experience in the best practices replication in safety and hygiene issues among the organization.
· Safety and Hygiene statistics OSHA & IMSS
· Legal compliance and requirements
· Labor exposure programs and plans
· Ability to deploy and implement safety program (training plans, programs)
· Waste management regulations