Productos de Agua - A. O. Smith
Company / Location Information
We are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of water heating and water treatment technologies in the world. We are a $3.5 billion company with 140+ years history and we employ more than 12,000 individuals globally who pride themselves on providing the world with innovative water technology. We are committed to Continuous Improvement, not just in our factories or processes, but in our people.
Contribute to the automation and good use of machinery and equipment by implementing new technologies and suggesting changes in processes, always seeking the elimination of downtime and reduction of operating costs, among others. Also, provide advice on the purchase of new equipment.
– Provide technical support in machinery and equipment for the maintenance department.
– Propose options in new and existing projects presenting costs, advantages, and disadvantages, as well as proposing innovations in equipment design.
– Search and promote the implementation of new control technologies.
– Ensure that the operation and maintenance personnel have the necessary training and instructions regarding new control and automation technologies.
– Participate on AOS control & automation council meetings.
– Promote the AOS Operation System by participating in the problem-solving flow chart activities.
– Seek and present cost reduction and CRS (Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability) initiatives.
– Mechanical or Computer Science Engineering or related Engineering background.
– At least 5 years of related experience in the field.
– Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities to identify the interaction of electrical and mechanical systems as a whole and how the two systems interact with each other.
– Programming languages (LabView, Visual Basic, similar) & communication networks
– Program PLC (Allen-Bradley RS Logix 500 and 5000).
– Diagnosis of faults in electrical and electronic boards.
– Diagnosis and programming of servos (AB, indexed and sercos).
– Design and programming of Panel Builder 32 and RS View.
– Seeking technologies for implementation looking for continuous improvement opportunities.
– Fluent bilingual conversation capabilities – Spanish/English.