Wiwynn is an innovative cloud IT infrastructure provider of high-quality computing and storage products, plus rack solutions for leading data centers. The Plant Manager for Wiwynn Mexico will oversee all daily operations of a facility manufacturing and testing cloud computing hardware to ensure throughput, quality, efficiency, and on-time delivery to data centers while meeting specific customer needs, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
– Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day cloud computing -hardware operations, including
– Kitting, assembly and testing, of servers and Rack
– Kitting and assembly of field replacement units (FRUs).
– Analysis and repair of production fallouts and customer Data Center returns.
– Responsible for production output, efficiency, product test and quality and on-time delivery for our customers.
– Optimize production and testing capacity and flexibility to accommodate for changing customer demands, while keeping reasonable manufacturing overheads and maintaining quality standards.
– Define, review and improve operations through KPI’s. Collect, analyze data and trigger timely preventive and corrective actions to maintain peak operation.
– Overlook field return analysis and repair activities to provide timely feedback to operations and maintain optimum stocks in the service centers.
– Lead new product introduction activities to be in line with customer expectations, allocating resources effectively to produce optimal results.
– Implement factory strategies to support corporate initiatives and provide employees a clear sense of direction and focus.
– Develop and deploy the advanced manufacturing technologies to improve efficiency, quality and throughput, and minimize impact from operators’ variation.
– Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and colleagues, not only within the plant, but with all organization including Headquarters and sister plants and particularly important, with our customers.
– Recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
Commit to plant environmental, health and safety procedures and standards.
– Capability to build team quality awareness and culture.
– Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
– Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
– Problem Solving and Conflict Management.
– Familiarity with Maquiladora, Manufacturing Assembly and Cloud – Computing industry standards.
– Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources) including 6 sigma and lean.
– Leadership and coaching development
– College degree completed. Master Degree is a Plus
– At least 5 years in similar managerial position in Electronics Manufacturing/Assembly industry; in Maquiladora. Computer/Server/Cloud Hardware a plus.
– Bilingual Spanish and English (native level). Mandarin Chinese is a plus.